ASCOMETAL® R&D center (CREAS):
At the forefront of innovation.
A national and international skilled network.
Research & Development, which is at the core of Ascometal® business strategy, creates effective and original solutions.
The design and development process is based on our knowledge of our customers' requirements. The commercial teams provide the initial input through their relations with customers, and this is then passed on to the industrial teams in charge of manufacturing new products.
The fundamental principles of Research & Development are:
- An upstream design aiming at offering reliable solutions with controlled costs and short transformation processes
- Optimization and enhancement of mechanical characteristics, and the reduction in weight of components made from our steels
- Achieving quality, stable over time, through in-depth knowledge of the physical and chemical, thermal and mechanical processes that are involved in the manufacturing process (production and transformation).
CREAS (Ascometal® Special Steels R&D Center) fulfills 2 complementary functions:
- providing technical assistance to our customers and production plants
- improving the reliability and productivity of the industrial ressources