Ever more demanding requirements lead Ascometal® to offer innovative and efficient solutions.
Case-hardening steel with optimized quenchability for drill bits
- Grade with lower Ni content, thou usual grades such as 4718, 4815, 8720, 9313
- Case-hardening grade with improved quenchability, complying with numerous customer specifications
- Improved behaviour during case-hardening
- Lower alloy surcharge, and more stable related pricing thanks to lower Ni content
- A specific optimized cost for drill bits - similar mechanical characteristics
- Improved response to case-hardening